About Me

Monday, October 24, 2011

Rig showcase and tests



So here's some tests I did originally for the film. I was sort just making sure I could get it looking right before committing. Turns out there were some issues. Mainly with camera movement. The problem was I had to press down on my camera to capture a frame – so I borrowed a mac and started doing it manually through dragon stop motion. The program can be a little difficult to work with sometimes but it really did improve my animation techniques. It was slower to use but definitely worth it.



And here's some final sequences that aren't edited. I thought I'd show all the shots where I used a rig or props to hold up Quolger to make him jump or walk. I basically edited it all out by hand in photoshop, which was a bit of an undertaking. Really there was only issues with the shot when he's walking by the heater. Look at the final film and you can see a bit of a ghost following quolger. I spent hours trying to iron it out but there wasn't much I could do.. Strangely the exposure had shifted slightly between each frame which is unusual because that shot had controlled lighting. Well, at least I didn't have that problem with any of the other shots.