About Me

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Extra Sequence




Here's a sequence I didn't add to the final animation. It was intended to come afterh e looks up to the window. The reason I didn't include it is because I couldn't really capture it how I wanted to, and I thought it wasn't needed in the end. I really wanted to get a view of it like Quolger was looking upwards, but the shot wasn't working - It was only visible from this height. I tried to keep the entire film on his level so the audience has more of a connection with the character and this broke that connection a little bit. The whole time I situated the camera low to the ground so we were right beside him experiencing the moment with him, or close ups and one shot through his eyes is when the box is falling on him. It worked for that one because it was a lot more immersive. This just broke the consistency to an uncomfortable point.